BindingDB is a public, web-accessible database of measured binding affinities, focusing chiefly on the interactions of protein considered to be drug-targets with small, drug-like molecules. BindingDB contains 1,312,322 binding data, for 6,755 protein targets and 581,364 small molecules.
There are 2291 protein-ligand crystal structures with BindingDB affinity measurements for proteins with 100% sequence identity, and 5816 crystal structures allowing proteins to 85% sequence identity.
Article Titles, Authors, Assays, Compound Names, Target Names
| Advanced Search
||Combine multiple search criteria, such as chemical structures, target names, and numerical affinities; restrict searches by data source, such as BindingDB, ChEMBL, PubChem, and Patents.
- BindingDB's Advanced Search results now include a new "Diseases" tab, with information about the probable disease-relatedness of the Targets found in your search. This information is drawn from the source Articles and structured based on Disease Ontology. Please give it a try and let us know what you think of it! (September 2016)
- The Target Names page has a new column, Commercially Available Compounds, which provides links only to BindingDB data for commercially available compounds. To buy a compound, follow the "Purchase" link under "Ligand Links" in pages like this. (May 2016)
BindingDB curates US Patents with protein-small molecule binding data. As of February 2017, BindingDB's patent dataset comprises:
- Patents: 1,435
- Binding measurements: 146,179
- Compounds: 98,373
- Target proteins: 918
- Assays: 1,944
BindingDB continually curates a set of journals not covered by other public databases. As of February 2017, the status of our current curation effort is as follows:
- ACS Chemical Biology 2006-2017 (vol 1-12)
- ACS BioChemistry 1965-2017 (vol 4-56)
- Bioorganic Chemistry 1990-2016 (vol 18-69)
- BMC Chemical Biology 2001-2010 (vol 1-10)
- ChemBioChem 2001-2017 (vol 2-18)
- Chemical Biology & Drug Design 2006-2017 (vol 67-89)
- Chemistry & Biology 1995-2015 (vol 2-22)
- Journal of Biological Chemistry 1982-2013 (vol 257-288)
- Journal of Chemical Biology 2010-2010 (vol 3-3)
- Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry 2002-2009 (vol 17-24)
- Nature Chemical Biology 2006-2016 (vol 1-12)
- Medicinal Chemistry Research 2004-2013 (vol 13-22)
- PubMed IDs: 3,057
- Binding measurements: 103,389
- Compounds: 42,629
- Target proteins: 2,758
- Assays: 4,473
- Get all data from an article
- Download all data for a target of interest
- Find and view all data for a target of interest
- Find my compound's targets
|Related Meetings from BindingDB Partners
May 2016. We have added a new Webservice, getLigandsByUniprots, which accepts list of UniProt IDs and returns all ligands for the proteins in the list that bind better than a user-specified threshold. A switch allows selection of results for all ligands, only ligands identified as commercially available, or only ligands identified as FDA-approved drugs. Another switch allows the default XML format to be replaced by JSON.
May 2016. BindingDB is collaborating with the NDEx project to support annotation of biomolecular networks with small molecule binding data. This page provides further details, and you can view BindingDB as NDEx networks here. The NDEx Project provides an open-source framework where scientists and organizations can share, store, manipulate and publish biological network knowledge.
March 2016. BindingDB's Advanced Search now allows you to download your search results in Excel format.
December 2015. We are delighted to announce that Elsevier's Science Direct journals now include links from articles to BindingDB datasets, where available! For an example, go to this article, and see the "Data for this Article, BindingDB" link on the right.