BindingDB is a public, web-accessible database of measured binding affinities, focusing chiefly on the interactions of protein considered to be drug-targets with small, drug-like molecules. BindingDB contains 1,651,120 binding data, for 7,269 protein targets and 733,198 small molecules.
There are 2291 protein-ligand crystal structures with BindingDB affinity measurements for proteins with 100% sequence identity, and 5816 crystal structures allowing proteins to 85% sequence identity.
Article Titles, Authors, Assays, Compound Names, Target Names
| Advanced Search
||Combine multiple search criteria, such as chemical structures, target names, and numerical affinities; restrict searches by data source, such as BindingDB, ChEMBL, PubChem, and Patents.
- From 11/2017 to 10/2018, BindingDB curators extracted over 48,000 data (27,500 compounds and 400 targets) from US Patents! (Novemeber 09, 2018)
BindingDB curates US Patents with protein-small molecule binding data. As of May 2019, BindingDB's patent dataset comprises:
- Patents: 2,897
- Binding measurements: 389,212
- Compounds: 217,895
- Target proteins: 1,591
- Assays: 4,224
- Average Number of Targets per Patent: 1.92
BindingDB continually curates a set of journals not covered by other public databases. As of May 2019, the status of our current curation effort is as follows:
- ACS Chemical Biology 2006-2017 (vol 1-12)
- ACS BioChemistry 1965-2017 (vol 4-56)
- Bioorganic Chemistry 1990-2017 (vol 18-73)
- BMC Chemical Biology 2001-2010 (vol 1-10)
- ChemBioChem 2001-2017 (vol 2-18)
- Chemical Biology & Drug Design 2006-2017 (vol 67-89)
- Chemistry & Biology 1995-2015 (vol 2-22)
- Journal of Biological Chemistry 1982-2014 (vol 257-289)
- Journal of Chemical Biology 2010-2010 (vol 3-3)
- Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry 2002-2014 (vol 17-29)
- Nature Chemical Biology 2006-2017 (vol 1-13)
- Medicinal Chemistry Research 2004-2013 (vol 13-22)
- PubMed IDs: 3,440
- Binding measurements: 109,625
- Compounds: 45,594
- Target proteins: 2,972
- Assays: 3,204
- Get all data from an article
- Download all data for a target of interest
- Find and view all data for a target of interest
- Find my compound's targets
|Related Meetings from BindingDB Partners
Novemeber 2017.If you are interested in preparing a multi-targeted compound collection, you may be interested in our new download. This file lists all purchasable compounds for all Targets in BindingDB, with an affinity better than 10 micromolar, and includes catalog information. See "Purchasable Compounds by Target" on our Download page.
September 2017.The Advanced Search page has been simplified and made more unified with other BindingDB pages.
June 2017. We are pleased to report that the NIH has renewed its support for BindingDB. Thanks to all who filled out our survey and provided supporting messages!
June 2017. Drug Design Data Resource (D3R) datasets have been integrated into BindingDB and are also available here: https://www.bindingdb.org/bind/ByD3R.jsp